Wednesday 13 May 2015

shoe crisis

Blast. With a tough marathon on saturday I have a shoe crisis:
vivo trail freaks - hard bit in the upper gives me a blister on the top of my foot
inov8 baregrips - too narrow footbox gives me a blister on the ball of my foot
vivo neo trail - 2 pairs, both look like they /might/ manage 42km, or they might disintegrate part way round
wave harriers - look like they might disintegrate after 5km.
Options -
a) aggressive surgery on the trail freaks
b) wear the neo trails and hope/carry duct tape
c) wear roclites and risk ankle turning from the additional height.

Probably option a, try a couple of hundred metres, and if all else fails c.

buggerosity - I like to think that being accustomed to minimal shoes means you can run in more or less anything (or nothing) but for best performance on a long run it's not quite true.

No comments:

Post a Comment