Sunday 18 May 2014

Introduction

When I was a wee kiddywink, many years ago, I was fascinated by our history and prehistory. I was intrigued by the passage of time, especially great big swathes of it. I was also, due to having almost exclusive access to an acre (that's a big area for a 7 year old) of boggy copse, more than a little outdoorsy and slightly feral.

Fast forward thirty some years, skipping over many things that are not really relevant (except maybe the acquisition of various qualifications in psychology & history), and I'm now once again fascinated by our history and prehistory. Somewhere along the line I also became a runner. Not a very good runner, since in the interim I was a pretty heavy smoker, but an enthusiastic one. A fell runner. One of those crazies who straps on a bum bag and runs over soaking wet hills and mountains with every sign of enjoyment, then shovels thousands of calories down his gullet in an effort to make up the shortfall.

So this will mostly be a blog about running, with occasional excursions into primitive target sports & other things relating to our ancient past.

There may also be cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment