Wednesday 18 October 2017

Vivobarefoot Primus SG - durability update

12 months on, and the first pair are still wearable. I couldn't tell you exactly how far they've covered, but I think >500km.


The uppers are starting to develop some holes, and the studs have lost 3/4 of their depth, but they still grip the mud pretty well. I'm currently using them as my primary running shoes, and have just bought a new pair (while they have them in stock in my giant clown shoe size).


I didn't run in them through the summer (hence they've lasted this long). I like to run in shoes without socks in summer, and one go at that was enough. I love my SGs, but wearing them without socks is like going at your feet with a mini grinder.




Once the rain and mud arrived in earnest though, these came out of the cupboard. I'll be wearing them until about March/April.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, did you trail the FG version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated response to this. I did, last summer. They're great on rock, but very bad indeed on wet grass.

      Delete